Christchurch is one of the most picturesque and desirable places to live in New Zealand and it’s no surprise that many international candidates look to make it their home. The commercial construction sector in the city continues to be buoyant and as such one of New Zealand’s leading building contractors is always looking for good people to join the team. The company works in a range of sectors including health, education, government and general commercial build. Having secured a new government project due to start in the New Year they now have a need for additional site managers to join them in the first quarter of 2024.
The ideal candidates will already be working as site managers and have a good understanding of the role requirements and how important the position is to the success of the project. This client regularly uses a number of subcontractors on the project and so your experience of managing both internal and external stakeholders will be essential to this role.
- Management of subcontractors and trades on site
- Managing the day-to-day site activities in line with the project program
- Maintaining high levels of health and safety
- Working closely with your supervisors in respect to labour, equipment and materials
- Ensuring work is completed to the highest standard
Key attributes required;
- A qualification based or trade background relating to the construction sector
- A minimum of five years’ experience as a site manager on commercial builds
- The ability to lead a diverse team of subcontractors and trades
- A proven track record of delivery
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Your successful application will see you secure an excellent salary as part of a package that includes a vehicle, medical/life insurance, relocation and immigration assistance. If this role is of interest then contact Phil on 021489367 to discuss or send your CV via email to email@example.com.