Civil Design Manager – New Zealand
Time and time again New Zealand is listed as one of the best places in the world to live and work and so it’s no surprise that so many are looking to relocate themselves and their families to New Zealand to take up opportunities available. With a civil and infrastructure market looking very buoyant and busy for the foreseeable future now is a great time to consider New Zealand as part of your future. Catalyst Recruitment are the leaders in the recruitment of construction professionals from overseas with a successful track record in securing candidates the right job in the right location.
One of New Zealand’s most established and experienced civil contractors is looking to develop and advance its capabilities over the coming months, and is looking beyond New Zealand’s shores for the skills required. One area of focus is design management across a wide range of disciplines. There is a significant amount of water related work coming up over the next few years and so experience in that sector is desirable but other experience in structures, highways, rail, marine and other civil works is required as well.
- Managed the design process from preconstruction through to completion
- Work to design codes, specifications and standards
- Fully investigate value engineering and drive cost-effective delivery solutions
- Liaise closely with internal and external stakeholders including engineering consultants, government agencies et al
- Produce coherent and accurate project documentation
- Review and manage subcontractor design proposals
- A degree or equivalent in civil engineering or other related industry
- A minimum of five years’ experience with a civil contractor
- The ability to plan, program and manage your workload
- Be commercially aware and focused on constructability
- Have a desire further your career with a tier one contractor
The successful candidates will be offered an excellent salary and package that will include relocation assistance to New Zealand. This contractor has a history of hiring candidates from overseas and you can be confident that you’re joining a company that is focused on growing its people and developing careers for the future. If this opportunity is of interest to you and don’t hesitate by contacting Phil on +6421 489 367 or by sending a copy of your CV in confidence via firstname.lastname@example.org.